The Bucket List

BUCKET LIST
Don't hate me but i am absolutely not a fan of Nollywood. I mostly do white movies, why?, because there's always something to learn. A lot more to learn actually , whether in technology, video quality, script writing, casting, innovation, fiction etc. #anyway there are few exceptions from Nollywood especially in recent times#

Back to the 'koko' gist of today, "The Bucket List (2007)"... The main plot follows two terminally ill men in their early fifties from different cadre of the society who (by stroke of coincidence) met  in same hospital room, being treated for advanced Lung cancer. With only less than six months to live, they wrote a wish list which they called, ‘the Bucket List’; it was a list of things they planned to do before they "kick the bucket".. (by the way, the idiom, 'Kick the bucket', means to ‘Die’). They went on a road trip to achieve their ‘Bucket List’ to the extent their strength would allow…


The movie made me begin to think long, hard, then ask myself questions; What are my dreams? Am I living it? What do I want to achieve before I die? How much more time do I have on earth? Is there a big clock somewhere in space counting down for humanity?

Perhaps I’m not the only one who has thought in this direction. Job in Chapter 14 of his book (in the bible) screamed in frustration… "How frail is humanity! How short is life, and how full of trouble! Like a flower, we blossom for a moment and then wither. Like the shadow of a passing cloud, we quickly disappear.

I dream of being wealthy, being the Minister of Education, an ambassador of my country to Britain, of being wonderful wife & mother, an entrepreneur, youth mentor & Educationist. I dream of visiting countries (especially Israel), of singing and miracles breakout, I dream of controlling industries

Sometimes we live as if we own time, as if we are in total control, but who knows the next moment, what does it hold? Are you fulfilled? Living your purpose for existence? Is it too late to get on the path of Self Discovery? I think not. I am more interested in your soul & the after-life…Are you Ready?
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? Mark 8:36,37  For God loved the world in this way: so much that he would give up his Son, The Only One, so that everyone who trusts in him shall not be lost, but he shall have eternal life.
So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man (Jesus) will come at an hour when you do not expect him. Write your ‘Bucket list’ today, make God part of the equation…your life is counting down Tick-Tock!
Beryl
berylsdeardiary@gmail.com

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very insightful.. keep it up dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dearie. God bless you big for reading. Do find time to share to all. Cheers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media: Good or Bad???

THE BANKING HALL

mY SuIcIdE NoTe