"BURNT BISCUIT"

When I was a kid, my mom often like to make breakfast menu for dinner, I remembered one night in particular when she made the dinner after a long hard day at work. On that evening, my mom placed a plate of egg, sausage and extremely burnt biscuits in front of my dad. I remembered waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school. I can't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and ate every bite! 
When I got up from the table that evening I remembered hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I love burnt biscuits."
Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burnt. He wrapped his arms round and said, "Your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's really tired. And besides, a little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!"

Lessons from this Piece: Life is full of imperfect things and may be imperfect people, as we may at one point discover. The earlier we we accept this, the better we will be. I may not be the best in some things, I may forget birthdays, anniversaries special events just like every other person. But what I have learnt over the years is that learning to accept each other's faults and choosing to celebrate our differences is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship. My encouragement this week is that you should learn to take the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of
life and lay them at the feet of God. Because at the end, He is the only One who will be able to give you a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker!

We could extend this to any other relationship. As a matter of emphasis, understanding this forms the foundation for every other relationship we are in (husband to wife or parent to child or friendship in partnership). "Don't allow others to determine the pace of your happiness. You must learn to accommodate other people's shortcomings because you may also have one form.

Enjoy your week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media: Good or Bad???

THE BANKING HALL

mY SuIcIdE NoTe