Marital Phobia: Spinster Tales

PHOBIA TALES OF A NAIJA SPINSTER
My neighbor had a visitor and whilst passing-by I heard their greetings {I wasn’t doing amebo o!...but what do you expect from a typical tenement building aka face-me-i-face-you…lol}
“ha, long time Papa Calistus , how your wife na?”
“My wife dey, she’s under compulsory 9 months imprisonment… ” and they laughed heartily…
Arrggh!What!!! Don’t tell me that’s a ribcracker!…#eyes rolling#

Sitting at my studio reception with a client, an artiste and a mother of twins (called iyabeji in Yoruba dialect), waiting for her driver just afforded brief moments for some girly chi-chat  #the guys can skip this paragraph…winks#
‘Aaawwh, twins?! That’s so sweet!’ , we echoed & started tapping anointing #touching her#.  Iyabeji laughed. She laughed the kind of laugh that tells you something serious was about coming-forth. “hmmm…twins, they are good o; but its not easy, especially when they are young. They will show you ‘pepper’. You won’t sleep or ever have time for yourself. Times will come when you’ll be breastfeeding both at the same time, pacifying both. You must eat a lot to feed them , cos you’ll be sucked dry....”.
I was deflated, my thought of twins as a born-one-get-one-free birth option punctuated. What’s the fuss about marriage anyway? It’s so scary, the birthing process, the ‘seeming’ slavery to the husband & children, the unending attempts to please ‘the in-laws’….where is the fun 10-90??? Arrrgggh!  
Lord help me!
The End! Yep, I choose to stop here before my knowledge of God’s purpose & bliss of marriage drowns my apparent worries. I expect the married folks to convince me otherwise. I know the guys won’t rest till one of them succeeds in changing my surname but the question I ask is simple, ‘Is Marriage needful?’.
Talk to me!

Comments

  1. I have forgiven U and ur twinning thoughts...guess U know from who. Lol. Ok,seriously lemme attempt 2 help U and many more like U out. Life in itself is one long fight or struggle or journey...whatever U choose to call it. Truth is, as U perceive it, so it is...Some folks will see child bearing and upbringing as a priviledge and joyful experience of birthing and tending a beautiful life, others will see it as burdensome and an unending struggle to raise another homo sapien... Both are doing d same thing, but their perception to the process will determine how they fare doing it and eventually what the babies will become. My point, its a mind set. Marriage, childbearing, school, serving God etc is as easy, sweet, fulfulling or hard as U perceive it. So be mindful of how U see (perceive), U always get what U see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been down this road too...thinking of the need to marry.
    It is not a sin not to be married so long as you can maintain chastity before God.
    But our society sees otherwise, its more like a pity-party situation for any unmarried lady.

    I choose not to impose a view on anyone but one thing I know; married or not, a life of purpose can still be achieved. Selah

    Chinny Bonny

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ken U are forgiven...lol..but i'll work on the perception, you can be sure its beautiful *winks*

    @Chinny...yes o my sister. God help us. I hate the pity-party part. May God help the church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GUESS WHAT?! I HAVE NEW INSIGHT! IN THIS MATTER, I THINK I CAN, I KNOW I CAN, I AM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media: Good or Bad???

THE BANKING HALL

mY SuIcIdE NoTe