ASOEBI IN HEAVEN?!

Cold, chesty cough, fever, nausea , cramps…only me! Ah! Lord I called, “can I please (most humbly) have some healing bread? ”. Trust my Jesus, He answered speedily. But that’s not the gist of the moment.
As I was munching my bread (divine healing) , one of my friends initiated a chat centered on Asoebi that really set my mind rolling...enjoy!  
“…Hilton :- No offence to my yoruba fellows but I got this line from someone's profile message; "#For Instance If there were no owambe, life would have been so boring for the Yorubas. What would have been the meaning of the word Aso-ebi?"
ÒluwåBєяyL:- 19 members in this group, no Yoruba...I'm living with Racists in this community …#eyes rolling#

Eki:- {makes a face} na u know o @ beryl

Hilton :- "owambe" and "asoebi" are two of the most important words in the yoruba vocabulary

Eki:- #Smiles#

Eki:- To understand how important it is, I'd tell this story. I was in d salon in school and d stylist started gisting with oneof her clients who was getting married in 2 weeks about preps and all. From no-where, oneof d ladies in d salon asked the bride-to-be if she was really getting married, to which she replied a yes.
The questioner was so excited, I was in shock: …because save for school mates that we all were, there was no other relationship. She now said she wouldn't be able to attend o but let her buy the ‘Asoebi’.
I couldn't understand the thought pattern. 1st, you don't know her. 2nd, you were not even invited. 3rd, you won't even be chanced to attend, yet you bought the ‘Asoebi’ right there and then!

I was FLABBERGASTED!!!!!

Eki:- Big grammar things mehn;) #grins from ear to ear#

ÒluwåBєяyL:- Eki...bring down ur shoulders b4 u hang ȍlol
Eki :- Another incidence: I got an oral invite for a wedding, didnt bother asking for the colours of the day because I was still a ‘novice’ so I didn’t understand how important that aspect was. On arriving d wedding, I was wearing a red and black Ankara(local fabric) with a matching gele(head gear),.Mehn!, I was so WRONG!  
My aunty just looked at me and said ' ah... No Eki, u have to change your gele at least'.  I was still wondering what she meant by me changing my beautifully tied gele ( no beef dear moi's, its a gift;)) when she returned with the orange Asoebi gele. I was sooooo upset because I no see how the colour take match. When I told her ,she said it was wrong for me not to wear d Asoebi and since she was  the one who invited me, her friends go vex for am.
Eki:- So asoebi + Yoruba wanna correspond die….

ÒluwåBєяyL:- More gist abeg...”
 Aso-ebi (translation: cloth of the family) is used to refer to the outfits made from matching fabric and pattern worn by family members (though it now applies to anyone who can afford one or would like to wear one) at a wedding ceremony or social event to denote unity, support, and represent sides of the family
I really took time to think about the craze for Asoebi in the society, even by non-yorubas. I got more worried when I analysed the wahala Asoebi has caused in some homes, and even in the church. Going a step further, I asked a bigger questions, perhaps rhetorical, ‘How does Asoebi relate to the Church?’, ‘IS THERE ASOEBI IN HEAVEN? ….and the answer came like a flash….
“Who Are These, Clothed in White Robes?” (Revelation 7:9-17)
Also, In Revelation 19:7-9, we have the marriage supper of the Lamb:
"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the LAMB. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God."
In verse 7 we notice these words, "And his wife hath made herself ready." The Lamb's wife here is the bride, the church. We must notice that she was arrayed in "fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints."
Don’t want to bore you but here’s the truth. Heaven and hell are real.  Only, people with a special attire/'Asoebi'  (saints colthed in righteousness) will be in heaven. Hence, I implore you, i beg you to take a decision for Christ today. Make a direct booking for your Heavenly ‘Asoebi’ today by asking Jesus into your life as Lord. Souvenirs of this booking include peace of mind, healings, joy unspeakable, favour…and lots more.
Booking with Jesus is Free, but not Cheap. Accept Him Today. I want to be with Jesus in Heaven, Don’t you?  

Comments

  1. Bless you dear.

    Love...Hilton *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. Real food for those. The only Aso-Ebi we need is the one worn by the Saints in heaven - that of righteousness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CRE-ATIVE!

    Good to know people still find meaning in everything!

    Kipitup!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media: Good or Bad???

THE BANKING HALL

mY SuIcIdE NoTe