DUMPING THE SORRY BAG


We all have our ‘I’m Sorry’ stories to share “…Oops! I’m SORRY I came late”, “I’m only human, so I’m sorry”, “SORRY I forgot we had a date, SORRY I was supposed to call earlier” I’m sure you’ll get over it, I’m sorry…”.  The thoughts kept reverberating in my mind and I concluded, the nagging woman is equivalent to a man full of sorry (s), so I’d rather be by myself than marry a guy who has a predisposition of apologizing.

Some people are so good at it that it almost feels like they deliberate upset you just so they can say the word, ‘SORRY’. Regardless of how hard you try, certain folks, friends and family simply can’t be banked on to deliver on their word or tasks even when the weather is favourable…. then comes the ‘S’ word again. #eyes rolling#


My disdain for that word (especially from the same person a lot of times) was aroused again after seeing a scene featuring Janet Jackson in the Tyler Perry movie, ‘Colored Girls’. The lines went something like this:-

“….save your Sorry. One thing I don’t need are anymore apologies. I got Sorry greet me at the front door, you can keep yours. I don’t know what to do with them, I’ve got to throw some away, I can’t even get them to lock my closet for all the Sorrys.

You know what?! I’m gonna put a sign on the door or leave a voicemail, if you call to say you’re Sorry , then call somebody else cos I don’t use him anymore. I left ‘I’m Sorry’, ‘I didn’t mean to’ and ‘how could I know about that’ … I’m gonna do what I want and I'm not gonna be Sorry for none of it. Let Sorry soothe your soul, I’ll soothe mine. You’re always being inconsistent and say you’re Sorry about it…I’m not even Sorry about you being Sorry…I can’t use another Sorry...   

Gosh!!! So many Sorries. I could never live with such a person (i'm sure no sane guy would want a 'sorry' girl or a relative or even staff that's always sorry). I bet even God is tired of our 'Sorries' every now and then. Repent and decide not fall again, soon you'll  run out of grace and mercy, then you face judgement. That relationship is at risk if you're always in the sorry spot. 

Sorry is not a bad word, but it becomes annoying when you have to say or hear sorry for the same mistakes over and over again. Of course, you can ditch the sorry bag. If you need help, then ask. monteeclairs@gmail.com 

i'm Sorry i don't wanna overflog this subject but i invite you to share your 'Sorry' story and plans bring a change to that situation. Dump the Sorry bag. Think about this! 

Beryl. 

Comments

  1. It is a popular saying that "too much of everything is bad..." I have come realise that most concepts (or popular saying, including the above) are relative and it takes a biased mind to chose a side. Take this statement for example, "better late than never". This tells us or is trying to say that its "better" to be late for a meeting/appointment, function, class, work etc, than never to show up, at all - which is worse anyway.
    In comparison to the first concept about doing "too much of anything", which also includes coming "late than never" showing up, one comes to understand that we all have the application of these concepts are the prerogative of individuals, hence the relativity.

    The "I am sorry" concept is one that I have taking my time to explore... Yet another relative concept. Saying less "I am sorry" is as bad as saying too many "I am sorry". The key point for me is this; we should be more concerned about the intention, motif or reason behind the saying/statement and not about how many times it is said.

    Good job Lady B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anonymous ( i'd really like to know your name...reeealllyyy!!!)

      Your thoughts on the matter are deep. I agree with you that Moderation is key because too little or too much of Sorry (and perhaps everything) won't do much good.

      People should stop giving excuses and take responsibility for being responsible.

      So help us God

      Delete
  2. Many wounds have been heal just by that little statement 'I am sorry'. Lots of relationship have also been amended by it. David is a friend of God because he knows how to say am sorry. Am sorry is never a bad thing matter how many times YOU say it provided that you are truly sorry.
    Am not the am sorry type but I accept am sorry once it is genuine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry is not a bad word in itself. its necessary, absolutely so. The article addresses where it becomes excess. Where the party involved makes no move to change. Even God hates that ...eg. "...shall we continue in sin cos grace abounds...". Some people just need to grow up and make deliberate effort to avoid saying itrepeatedly on the same or similar issue or simply seek help, and genuinely.

      Delete
  3. I am Sorry means I am Sorry
    I would rather say it than not say it....
    Imagine a world devoid "I am Sorry" it suggests two things:
    1) We all have attained perfection or
    2) A total state of anarchy.
    Though it sounds orthodox and conventional, it should not be undermined which is rather insidious.
    "I Love You" has also been abused but very funny, it still means I LOVE YOU as powerful as ever.
    I am sorry, I will always say "I am Sorry" when I am Sorry. Mind you, saying "I am Sorry" means taking responsibilty.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything has the tendency of being abused. Perhaps this article refers to the abuse or misuse of the word 'Sorry'.
      Sorry is not a bad word in itself. its necessary, absolutely so. The article addresses where it becomes excess. Where the party involved makes no move to change. Even God hates that ...eg. "...shall we continue in sin cos grace abounds...". Some people just need to grow up and make deliberate effort to avoid saying itrepeatedly on the same or similar issue or simply seek help.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media: Good or Bad???

THE BANKING HALL

mY SuIcIdE NoTe